Sunday, June 8, 2014

Hip to Be Square

This week's Art Impression's challenge is "hip to be square". Which means the card base needed to be square. I used. 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 patterned cardstock from the Simon Says May card kit as my card base in red and beige wavy stripes. For the main event I used water color paper and used distress inks in antique linen, salty ocean, broken china and a wee bit of stormy sky to create the allusion of a seashore. Then I stamped the Art Impression fence post stamp using hero arts black ink.

We love our beach!

I colored the pail and fence with Royal water color pencils and used my water pen to blend. I wrote the sentiment with silver gel pen on my cameo and cut them out, outlined with black and blue markers and adhered them with craft tape.

I mounted the painting onto the cardstock with foam strips. I found a boogie board in my stash and attached a cute sign. "grandma, grampa and me" and adhered it to the bottom of my card.

 

3 comments:

  1. How creative! I love what you have done with the fence post and a beach scene! Fun boogie board embellishment too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful!! Gorgeous work!! Thanks so much for joining our "hip to be square" challenge at Art Impressions!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete