Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The deep freeze

It is cold, the country is setting records for the blast of cold temperatures and wind chills. Even here in the south we are experiencing unseasonably and unprecedented cold temperatures. Not to worry though, in a few days we will see 70's again. What do they say? If you don't like the weather, wait a minute.
During this cold spell I have been hibernating in my work shop. Truthfully, it doesn't take a cold spell or heat wave to find me standing at my craft table working on a new project. It takes a miracle, pretty much, to drag me away. During the last three days I have been working with these beautiful Penny Black cling stamps that I bought at Scrapbooks By the Sea in Myrtle Beach.
I have 3 granddaughters, 4 and under, and I wanted to to get some cutesy little girl stuff for my latest project.
I started by stamping each of the stamp sets (flower charm, cherry and bubble girl) on to some Neenah solar white card stock the colored them with my wonderful Prismacolor pencils. Love, love, love these pencils. I then used Gamsol to blend the pencil and give a watercolor effect. I cut top folding cards 4 1/4 X 5 1/2 in heavy duty Bazzill card stock in cotton candy, light blue and lilac with my Fiskers trimmer and scored with my Martha Stewart mini scoring board.
For the flower charm card I cut a bright pink cardstock for the background and trimmed the lower edge with ribbon and a die cut with my Sizzix border die. I also stamped two rose images using an Inkadinkado doodle flowers stamp on white card stock and colored them with the same pencil colors as the roses. I cut out each of the images and mounted onto the pink card stock with foam adhesive. I cut the name out of white cardstock using the Penny Black die from the "tagged" collection and mounted it with foam squares. Lastly I embellished the images with glitter glue and Ranger glossy accents and mounted the layers with my Tombow stamp runner.
For the cherry card, I used bright purple cardstock for the background and cut a butterfly and tag from the Penny Black die set. I used two ribbons, glossy accents and glitter glue as embellishments.

For the bubbles card I used a background cardstock from my DCWV Mariposa stack. I stamped and cut two balloons from the Simon Says Only Have Eyes for You stamp set and attached them to the chair with twine. The card is embellished with ribbon, glossy accents and glitter glue.

2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful work!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful cards! Hard to believe you haven't been doing this for years. This was a nice tutorial.

    ReplyDelete