Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Uptown

 

Joann.com had a sale last week, 40% off all the Hero Arts stamping products. So I went to town... Ha ha. This skyline stamp is one of the many items I bought. It is big enough to use as a background, but I decided to use it in the Art Impressions Challenge #130 "sheer perfection". I learned this technique about a month ago for dry embossing on vellum. I stamped the skyline image on velum with stazon black ink. Once it had dried I flipped it over on an embossing pad and used a stylus to color in all the windows and outlines. When I turned it back over the velum had a raised texture. Way cool. I stamped the I'm Missing You sentiment in nautical blue and cut a scalloped border piece from my cameo. Since you need to be careful with adhesives when using velum, I decided to stitch across the top with gray thread onto the dark blue Bazzill cardstock base. I did mount the sentiment with a few strips of sookwang and that helped to position the bottom edge.

As always, let's grab a 2-fer! Two for one. The stamp was still wet with ink after stamping on velum, so rather than waste perfectly good black ink I made another card. After coloring some of the windows with yellow marker, I used some florescent yellow embossing powder on Versamark ink for the sentiment and made it into a layered banner. One stamp, two completely different views. I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment