Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Chugging along...

I finally finished day 9 on day 15 of the online card class. I did not have favorable results using a die with my embossing folder. Ended up damaging my embossing folder, would not try that again. Instead I cut a frame with my cameo and used that with another embossing folder, then the gold embossing powder didn't come out so well, so I flipped it over and used the wrong side. Not my best effort. Photo is at bottom.

This next card was several techniques in one. It began with a humming bird stamped in Versamark ink with white embossing powder and also a mask on sticky note paper. I attempted to color it with markers but the area was too small so I opted for distress ink and used the negative area of the mask to color it. With the masks applied, I used the spritzer tool for mist and then embossing paste over a stencil. I finished it off with black ink sentiment and some turquoise hearts stamps.

 

This was a fun, but oh so messy project. I created a distress border in broken china using a rectangle mask I had created earlier during this class. Then I used a balloon stamp from the February Simon says card kit and stamped the balloons in distress inks creating a mask for the overlay. Each balloon was stamped in Versamark twice. First heated with sticky embossing powder then glitter was applied and pressed. After the second Versamark stamping I used a holographic embossing powder. The balloons had texture and sparkle. Had trouble getting the sparkle off the stamp, but with alcohol and elbow grease it finally came off. The greeting was done in black then used several little stamps in multiple colors for the graffiti. The strings were done with black micro pen freehand. This was truly a one layer card. Clean and simple? No so much.

 

Dry embossed with attitude

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment