Thursday, March 20, 2014

Balloons!

I spent the last 8 days on the left coast visiting with my daughters and grand daughters. The little ones are 5, 3 & 1 and I love spending time with them, but I don't like the long plane trip and I don't like being away from home for any duration. Anyway, I am home now and happily back in my workshop trying to catch up on my clean and simple 3 class.

 

I started working on this card the day before I left town and finally got back to it today. The card stock strips looked as though they needed to be re-adhered, so I used modge podge Matt finish and let it dry. When I glued the white surround piece onto the card base, it was backwards! Too late, thus the card below came to be.

I cut a new negative out of white and adhered the balloon inside, placed a border of the same pattern along the edge and stamped the sentiment.

 

 

The technique is letterpress, but in this picture you cannot see the images on top of balloon. So it just looks like a pretty birthday card.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment