Thursday, March 20, 2014

Optical illusions CAS 3

Still playing catch up... Now I am onto optical illusions. I love the scenic card that was created during class, so much so, I went out and bought an Eiffel Tower stamp. This is done with stamped and water color. I used a tree from the Simon Says November 2013 kit and a hero arts bike. The Eiffel Tower is a portion of a postal stamp, I masked off the rest when I stamped. The background trees I drew free hand. I used my Distress marker spritzer for splatter and the sentiment is from The Simon Says January kit.

The Day 3 and 4 lessons on optical illusions was to create frames using masks. These techniques really do make a true one layer card that looks like it has layers.

Thank you is stamped with a fiskars sentiment. The border was created by using Versamark ink on an embossing folder, white powder and watercolor pens. The center was masked with a framelit die cut and outside border was masked with tape.

For this card I created two banners on my silhouette. I used various leaf and flower stamps to get the floral frame then stamped the sentiment in the middle. Then used the wink of Stella for some glitz.

On my silhouette I also cut the heart, rectangle and flourish stencil. I used distress inks for color and stamped the sentiment in hero arts black dye ink.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment