Sunday, March 30, 2014

Here a chick...loving green

I found this cute Impression Obsession rubber stamp D7744 at my local scrap booking store and thought it would be perfect for an Easter card. I stamped it in stazon black on Neenah solar white card stock and used prismacolor pencils with Gamsol to color it in greens and yellows then fussy cut all the way around.

I used mowed lawn and other distress markers on heavy water color paper and soaked it down with a spritzer. I used a heat tool to move the green color around and get good saturation. When it was dry I created an Easter egg on my Silhouette Cameo and cut it out of the water color paper. I used an inky antics rabbit and cart stamp set for the sentiment which I stamped in stazon and cut out like an Easter egg.

To put the card together I used 110 pound Neenah solar white and cut as a top folding card. I layered pattern card stock then adhered the broken egg with foam tape. I also put foam tape on the chick and tucked her inside. With the left over watercolor paper I cut a small butterfly on my Big Kick and adhered it with a small amount of glossy accents. Then I used glossy accents on the flowers, butterfly and beak.

 

3 comments:

  1. Great card! Love your egg idea, it adds so much color. And this IO chick is so cute. Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That egg is amazing and the chick is too cute! Love your pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!!! Thanks for playing the Impression Obsession challenge!

    ReplyDelete