Saturday, March 8, 2014

Throw nothing away

I finally got my Tim Holtz marker spritz tool. I saw on a video that it works not only with distress markers, but all types of markers. So I decided to do my own testing. It absolutely works best with the distress markers, but I only have three colors, so it was important to me to get it to work with others.

I found that it worked with just about any type of market that fits in the holder. A few sharpies, I had to squeeze in, but they worked too. My Marvy water color pens didn't work too well, which was unfortunate, because I have 48 colors. But eventually I got those to spritz too. The cheapo markers I bought at Walmart were second best probably because they are the juiciest. (Not good for coloring, but great for spritzing. )

When I finished my test, I put the test paper aside to dry. The next morning, I was about to trash it when I realized it would make a cool background. What the hey. So I cut two of the best parts.

This first card was a stencil I got from studi calico, FREE, when I took the stencil class. I used persimmon distress ink on the flower and mowed law on the stem and leaves along with some memento pear tart. Then I took a size 01 micron and drew around the border then stamped the greeting with black stazon. I mounted it to some navy blue textured paper and that to a spring green Bazzill base. Added a few gems and dotted stickles..

This second card I used up the happy birthday ink as shadows, stamped flowers in cantaloupe and morocco then stamped the outlines in black. Added some bamboo leaves colored leaves then outlined those in black. Blue gems and yellow stickle dots. This card was mounted on the same navy blue paper and on a yellow cardstock base.

I was going to throw out the test piece?

No comments:

Post a Comment