Friday, July 27, 2018

Tranquility

"the quality or state of being calm and peaceful"

I have it in my life. Do you?

I decided several years ago that I did not want to be indebted to anyone for my time, my energy or my talents. I spent so much of my life "having" to do stuff, that I don't want to "have" to do anything anymore. I no longer wear a wrist watch or set an alarm (unless I need to catch a plane)

This is a large canvas I developed yesterday: 18X24. These mixed media paintings of mine often take shape over the course of several hours. Rarely is the result exactly what I imagined before beginning. In the video there is a quick view of a very large butterfly; that was supposed to be the star of the show, but it never made it. During my video-taping I stopped several times to look closely at the painting and decide where to go next before resuming. The entire process was 10 takes. Luckily for the viewer, I sped the process up by 500%. No one wants to watch paint dry.

The final video is about 20 minutes. I am happy with it. Hope you like it, you can always fast forward.


View On YouTube:
https://youtu.be/0nAS5i1TKbE

Product List:
stencils by Shawn Petite
Fine line marker - White
Liquitex professional Matte Medium, Matte Super Heavy Gel, Gesso and Glazing medium
Ranger Archival Ink - jet black
Marabu Art Spray - black
Deco Art acrylic paints
Dreamweaver embossing paste black
Blick Soft Pastels
Charcoal Pencil - General

Thanks for stopping by. Leave me a comment so I know you visited.

1 comment: