Friday, July 13, 2018

A Process Video - By Me

It has taken me 2 full days to rig up my camera to do a process video, create the clips of an art journal page and edit. It took me a few hours to gather all my materials, produce this page and shoot the scenes over and over.


The edit part took all day today. The Windows application for creating video was OK for little story clips, like Andy.

But it does not have all the bells and whistles I needed to make a decent process video. I started watching some videos and found VidProMom. She recommended VSDC, it was free to download, and the learning curve was not very scary. So I went for it.

It did take some practice to line up all my clips so there was no black space or downtime, like when I had the camera running but did not know it. Unlike Photo, this application did not come with music, so I had to find my own. Another snag, finding appropriate music without paying for a license? Again I checked with VidProMom and she recommended some sites to go to and how to legally use them. Finally I got all my clips aligned, my texts in, my tips noted, my music applied in the right places. Yay. Conversion takes at least 30 minutes every time, so the smallest error set me back.

Finally, just about cocktail time, I was ready to upload to YouTube. but it took forever, so I had to cancel and sleep on it. The video was 4GB, yikes. I had to compress it. I changed it from 1920/1080 to 1080/720 and 30FPS to 20FPS. That was more acceptable. The conversion process was cut by 60%. This reminds me so much of my career days when I would tweak one little piece of code in a program, only to find out when I recompiled it affected something else. Just can't leave well enough alone.

Art Journal Wishing Well 7-13-18


Granted, I have work to do like sound checks (ha ha). We'll get to that. After a dozen recompiles, I learned so much.

I do want to give a shout out to Vidpromom.com and Shawn Petite who really inspired me to do videos in my back 30.

Product List:
stencils by Shawn Petite Shawn Petite Store
Available at Amazon: Grumbacher Mixed Media Paper Pad
Zig Clean Color Real Brush
Hero Arts Wishing Well Clear Stamps
Uni-Ball UM 153 Signo Broad Point Gel Pen - White
Liquitex professional Matte Medium. Glazing medium & heavy body acrylic
Ranger Archival Ink - Jet Black
Deco Art paints
Available at Dick Blick:
Soft Pastels

No comments:

Post a Comment