Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Four is better than one, so lets make 12



I attended a card class at my Local Scrapbook Store on Saturday. The class was geared toward metallic Christmas cards. The first used a Nuvo Mousse background and the second and third were supposed to be guilding flakes. For some reason the nuvo glue was not working, even though we tried so many times. Eventually we went to embossing. At the end of the class I used the stamps with Archival Ink on water color paper to bring home and use another time. I left my Archival Ink on the table, by the way. I may or may not get it back. So I had to order a new one.

I like making extra cards and I thought about this idea while I was sleeping. Why not scan the image, print on my laser and use my Minc to foil it. The result would be as good as guilding and/or embossing. So I did.

But then I took it one step farther. Why waste the foil after it was embossed? the reverse image could be just as lovely, if not more so. And that is what I did.



With each of the stamps I created: 1 from class, 1 watercolor, 1 Minc and 1 Minc reverse.



I am 12 more cards into my 65 I need to make. It was a good day.

1 comment:

  1. That is just brilliant - and using the Minc is so much easier too!! I love the metallic, especially for holiday cards!
    Bummer about your ink pad... although I bet you ordered something else along with it! :)

    ReplyDelete