Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Just Start... again

It has been so long since I posted anything on my blog. Let's see if I still remember how to do this.

I have been thinking about trying my hand at making videos. Other people do it, so why not me? Last year I bought a really good camera that takes great videos. I did not buy it for the video-making capabilities, I bought it to take photos. Last year I also bought a new laptop and it has a built-in video editor. What is stopping me? Me.

Just like anything, the voice in my head says "Just Start".

I signed up for a videography class for $11. It was pretty basic. I practiced with a few workshop video clips then tested them in the video editor. Voila I had a video. Nothing anyone would care to see, but it was a start. Later I began taking video clips of my dog, Andy. Now other than his morning trip to the beach, his day is pretty lazy. But I took several clips during the day and put them to music with some text editing. Again, far from professional, but this time I produced the video and uploaded it to YouTube. Pretty brave, right?

If I want to do any overhead taping, like process videos where I show my work on a project, I need some sort of a tripod. I watched a YouTube video from a young man, really young, but oh, so very articulate. He suggested using a microphone stand which can be picked up really inexpensively (cheap) on Amazon. I found one for about $12 that clips to the desk. My camera has a bendy tripod, that I think I may be able to mount somehow. It is worth a try. I definitely am not looking to invest too heavily into some equipment until I know I have the interest, talent and hutzpah to actually make videos.

What is my goal here? I am not exactly looking for a million followers or subscribers. My world is pretty small and I like it that way. It is a challenge, and I enjoy a challenge. Just remembering how to post on my blog is a challenge. Yet here I am.

That is it. Maybe I can be a little better about visiting this site. I'm 4 years into my back 30 and still kicking.

here is my video about my handsome, handsome little boy if you care to watch. Maybe, just maybe, there will be more coming. Whoa. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOJbakg0ZZA

No comments:

Post a Comment