Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Process Video #2 - mixed medium freedom

I created another canvas yesterday. This time I recorded it. I knew that if I did not continue to practice my editing skills I would forget them and have to re-learn the editor all over again.

this is my mixed media artwork:



Yes, there is a story behind this. Truth is, I have a similar painting in my bedroom, although it is merely a framed print, much larger, but the basic idea. When I moved into my home 15 years ago I bought several large pieces of framed "artwork." Some of which I have dismantled and others I still have on my walls. This is one I still have.

my inspiration piece

To create this mixed media painting I printed the cage and bird then cut them out. I cut a wide opening in the cage, which is more than adequate for the bird to fly free. Yet, he sits there. Why? He's no dummy, he is safe, warm, out of the elements and well fed. He has the freedom to leave the cage, but he chooses not to.

Freedom gives us the right to choose. Choose wisely.

Enjoy the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN516VXkgyc&t=4s



Product List:
stencils by Shawn Petite Shawn Petite Store
Uni-Ball UM 153 Signo Broad Point Gel Pen - White
Liquitex professional Matte Medium. Glazing medium
Ranger Archival Ink - fern green
Stazon ink - black
Deco Art paints
Dreamweaver embossing paste white, black

No comments:

Post a Comment