Monday, April 7, 2014

New techniques

I am into a few new techniques this week. The first one is using alcohol inks on acetate. Wow, what a finish! I love love love this coffee card. I used a dauber to apply 3 different alcohol inks including a copper one onto a small piece of acetate, then mushed it around with a little alcohol. .... I always find myself mushing with a little alcohol! Side bar... Oops. Then I stamped the coffee cup on the reverse with archival black. I used a sharpie permanent marker to draw the heart. Then on the reverse, I dabbed off the ink with a q-tip behind the coffee cup to make it visible.

I stamped "oh yeah.." In black on metallic paper and tied on a metallic cord then mounted the acetate on brown cardstock, that on black and finally onto the dark espresso card base. Gorgeous, if I may say so!


  1. Great card!!
    Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping :)
    xx Tamara

  2. Awesome background! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!! :)