Thursday, April 24, 2014

BIG Stamp

Simon's Monday Challenge this week is BIG STAMP. I went into my arsenal and found the biggest stamp I owned that was not a background. When I ordered this skyline from Hero Arts, I actually did not know it was going to be so big. But I have used it a few times and today I decided to make two cards, same motif, different sentiments.

 

I started by making masks out of my dollar store contact paper for the moon and sentiments. I used a circle stencil to color the moon with squeezed lemonade distress ink on a dauber, then covered it with the mask. Then I colored the background with broken china and pumice stone to get a night sky. I used Versamark on the sentiment stamp and heat embossed in white, then covered it with the mask.

 

 

I then stamped the skyline with stazon black and touched up the street level with pumice stone. I removed the mask and used the negative mask to color the inner with wild honey to help the sentiment stand out.

For the second card I reversed to a setting moon and used Zing yellow for the sentiment. The background is a combination of charcoal grey and salty ocean and shabby shutters along the bottom.

For a touch of shimmer around the moon I used a gold gel pen.

 

3 comments:

  1. Sweet night scene! Lovely skyline and moon. Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Big Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really, really LOVE that stamp and may just have to buy one thanks to your post. Your sentiments and coloring are a lovely way to showcase it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is awesome! Love the coloring and the beautiful details.
    What a wonderful project, all of the details are stunning!It's very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete