Thursday, November 1, 2018

Blessings

I have finally completed all my October commitments and welcome November with open arms. I created my first mixed media project for this month. Actually it began at 3a.m. on 10/31 when the inspiration struck. I finished the first two layers then went back to bed resuming the project later in the day.

I attended a "yummy" background layers course and used a lot of the techniques on this canvas. My plan was to give it to a friend for her birthday if it turned out well. I think it is marvelous, and hope it fits with her décor.

The video footage was over two hours, but I was able to cut it back to under 15 minutes. A lot of speed work, but like always, no one wants to watch paint dry.



And of course the video:

Mixed Media Blessings
The Music was so appropriate for Halloween!


Mixed Media 12x12 Canvas “Blessings”
Product List:
Shawn Petite Stencils: Bricks and Bubbles, Doors, windows, Numbers 1
Ranger Archival Ink, Crackle Paste and Stencil: Splatters
DCW Stencil: Brick
LIquitex Matte Medium, Gesso, Satin Varnish, Heavy Acrylic
Arteza Acrylics
Textured Sand
Dreamweaver White & Black embossing paste
PPA Matte Adhesive
General Charcoal Pencil and stick
Uniball white gel pen
Blick soft Pastels
Grumbacher Final Fixative

No comments:

Post a Comment