Thursday, November 15, 2018

Broadside of a Barn

I have always loved Barns. I grew up with a barn in my backyard. As kids we spent a lot of time playing in that old barn behind our house. It had an upstairs, lots of doors and a couple of work benches. It was only a few years ago it was demolished before it collapsed under its own weight. I also remember the barn at my grandparents house when they lived on the hill, my grandfather had his workshop in there. He was quite the carpenter. I still have a wooden box he made, way back when.


This photo does not resemble the barn in our backyard, but I found it comforting just the same. I like the quote, so a painted the weather vane on top. It is fitting.

Mixed Media Broadside (of a Barn)


Product List:
Shawn Petite Trees Stencils
L1quitex Matte Medium, Modeling Paste, Matte Gel, Gesso, Satin Varnish
Deco Art Acrylics and Fluid Acrylics
Arteza acrylic
General Charcoal Pencil and stick
Ranger Archival
Uniball white gel pen
Blick soft Pastels
Spetrafix Fixative
Grumbacher Final Fixative

No comments:

Post a Comment