Wednesday, September 5, 2018

The Journey Begins Here

For me and many of my neighbors we fully understand what this means. Our home on the beach at Litchfield By the Sea is where we commenced our journey through our golden years. We found so much happiness here, so many friends, lots of activities, fabulous weather and the spectacular beach that compares to no other.



Sunrise walks on the beach are so peaceful. Such a joy to hear the waves and feel the gentle ocean breezes. My happy place indeed.

In this mixed media painting, I used a lot of different mediums to make texture. It took a couple of days start to finish because of drying time. But the result was worth it.

Here is the video: Mixed Media Journey 9-5-18
Products:
Deco Art Acrylic Paints
Liquitex Gesso, Matte Medium, Matte Super Heavy Gel, Gloss Gel, Heavy Body Acrylic, Modeling Paste and Glazing medium
Stencils by Shawn Petite
Charcoal Pencil
black and white uniball pen
Blick soft pastels
Zig Writer

please leave a comment and let me know you stopped by

2 comments:

  1. I really want to try one of these canvases. One of these days.....

    You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, I love it!! I've always wanted to work on canvas, just putting anything and everything on it. Linda Compton has told me a lot about your work and I've seen some of your work and you are a very talented artist!

    ReplyDelete