Thursday, September 6, 2018

Card Making- Spindly Birds

I often shop in the craft section at Tuesday Morning because they have some really great finds for excellent prices. This bird stamp was one. It was only 4.99 and then marked down another 20%. I rarely pass up Christmas stamps because I make about 65 Christmas cards every year I like them to be diverse.



I have not video taped many of my card making adventures. When video taping I feel I need to have my ducks lined up in row before I begin so I am not turning the camera on and off all the time and searching my studio for what I might want to use. Which is normally my mode of operando when making cards.

I decided not to stamp on a blank page but instead to create a background with distress oxides. I love the looks of the smoosh affect. The first one was a little heavy handed so I opted for the lighter one. After I stamped I wondered if I would even be able to watercolor on top of the oxides so I tested and then used some water to dilute them, luckily it worked so I used that method.

The watercolor painting is a little messy, but that is the nature of watercolor, you cannot expect to be a perfectionist. After I mounted the card I created a second card (off camera) I stamped, colored with copics and then cut out the birds and mounted on top of the heavy handed background. That worked too. It was a productive afternoon. 2 more Christmas cards are done. Bravo to that.



Watch on YouTube: Card Making - Spindly Birds 9-6-18

Product List:
Canson 140 pound watercolor paper
Versafine Ink
Ranger Archival Ink>
Judikins Clear Embossing powder
Zig Clean Color real brush
Copic ciao
Distress Oxides
KaiserKraft clear stamp
Stampendous Spindly Bird stamp
Perlen pen
Ranger Stickles
Neenah White Cardstock
Reminisce Pattern Paper

No comments:

Post a Comment