Monday, September 10, 2018

Mixed Media - Lakeside

I love taking my bike out in the early mornings. The sunrises are so beautiful. We live next to a good size lake that crosses the main access road. It is probably one of the few bridges in the entire county. The bike path runs along this road and I often stop on the bridge to photograph the lake. On this one particular day the sunrise was pink and it reflected in the water. It was so pretty.



I printed this photo on tissue paper and used it on this 12x16 canvas. I took some liberties by adding wildflowers (instead of alligators) they are more appealing.

Here is the video on YouTube
Mixed Media Lakeside 9-9-18


Product list:
Liquitex matte medium, modeling paste, gesso, glazing medium, heavy acrylic
Deco Art Acrylics
Uniball gel pen
General Charcoal Pencil
Daler & Rowney Sepia Ink

2 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS painting! Thanks for the video, it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I’ve watched a couple of your videos (love!!) and am wondering how you print photos on tissue paper since it is so thin...

    ReplyDelete