Friday, September 28, 2018

Mixed Media Hidden Treasures

Had a scare for the second time this month. Not only did we evacuate because of the possibility of a Cat 4 hurricane on 9/11 but we had to cut our vacation short because the rain waters that devastated North Carolina were coming our way. Our home was in danger of flooding and we had to get home to prepare the house.

We moved in with neighbors for 5 days and luckily our house was spared. The flood waters never even made it to my yard. While at friends I set up a temporary studio on their porch and created this 12x12 mixed media canvas.

My inspiration was a calendar I saw at a store in Temecula CA. It had pictures of "she sheds" on every page. This old cottage made me think of those sheds, so I painted it.





Here is the video on YouTube
Mixed Media Hidden Treasures 9-28-18


Product list:
Liquitex matte medium, modeling paste, gesso, glazing medium
Deco Art Acrylics
Uniball gel pen
General Charcoal Pencil
Marabu Art Crayons
Blick Soft Pastels
Dreamweaver Embossing paste
Shawn Petite stencils
Inktense Pencil

No comments:

Post a Comment