Friday, August 31, 2018

Praise Interference

I created a black 5X5 canvas with Black Gesso with the intention of using a window stencil and make it look like stained glass from the outside looking in. I first painted the glass with paint, but then later decided it would look better with the Deco Art Interference paints because they are designed to work on black. I also used several types of texture including modeling paste, glass beads and embossing paste.



The window came out pretty good in the end. Love how the interference paints shimmer in the light. I created a YouTube Video showing my process start to finish. I thought since I am going to a craft show at a Catholic Church in October, something like this might actually sell.

here is my video, short and sweet:
Mixed Media - Praise


Product List:

Window stencil by Shawn Petite
Liquitex professional Matte Medium, Gesso, gloss medium, glass beads, modeling paste
Dreamerweaver embossing paste white & transluscent
Deco Art acrylic paints and fluid acrylics interference paints

Thanks for stopping by, leave me a comment so I knew you were here.

1 comment: