Monday, August 13, 2018

Pick a Stick Challenge

I saw a YouTube Video a few weeks ago where a friend of mine created an art journal page using a cup full of tong depressor sticks. On each stick was written a mixed media technique or medium. The objective was to use that technique/medium on your page. The sticks are drawn one at a time, 10 times. The resulting page is a masterpiece (or mess-terpiece) depending upon how everything works together (or not).

Now I love a challenge and this sounded like so much fun. Yesterday I was browsing Facebook and stumbled upon a group called "Art It Out" from there I found a YouTube Video by Crystal doing the same thing. I was unaware there were so many Pick a Stick challenges on YouTube. This particular one was done a few days ago, so I gave it a try.

The way I worked it was I would stop the video immediately after she read the stick, that would permit me to make my own creative selections without being influenced by her choices.

I video taped my process and created a 10 minute video (to music, of course) showing my steps using the 10 techniques. here is my video:
youtu.be/od8ZrrS4Uag

My Project Result:


It would have looked so much better without a final "white wash". But that is the name of the game.

For Crystal's Video: youtube.com/watch?v=m2XvnKHtWXA&t=5s

Product List:
Liquitex professional Matte Medium, Gesso and Gloss fluid
Deco Art acrylic paints
Dreamweaver embossing paste white
Liquitex heavy body Acrylic, black
Stencils: wildflower, splatters and letters
Zig writer and clean color real brush by Kuretake
Uniball white gel pen

No comments:

Post a Comment