Thursday, August 23, 2018

Word Journal - Page 1

There are only so many hours in a day and I find that those hours continue to zoom by like minutes. I don't understand how people who have jobs or raise kids or both, find the time to do any of this. I am a stay-at-home grandma without responsibilities. I try to get through on-line classes and videos, document my daily, check in on Facebook groups, create mixed media, make and edit videos and update my blog. That pretty much eats up all my hours, which, like I said, seems more like minutes.

Today I decided to create a little art journal. I have so many little notebooks that I bought for travelers notebook documentation, but that has, like most of my previous passions, gone by the way-side; not really gone, just back-burnered. Not a nicher, never have been, probably never will. Too much life, so little time.

I have watched a lot of "crash the stash" and other types of art journal videos and decided I really need to get into my own stash of both stuff and product. Lately I have been using basically the same products and my water colors, oxides, alphas, stamps, inks and other media has been overlooked. Scrapbook paper, journal cards, die cuts and tons of ephemera are everywhere, and I really need to use it somehow.

My little Words Journal is intended to be some encouragement every time I create in it. It should be a collection of words of wisdom or quotes that I find that inspire me to enjoy myself, feel productive, content and happy.

here is the video on YouTube:
Word Journal - Be Happy





So many ideas spinning in my head, maybe I do need a plan afterall…

Product List:

Distress Oxides
Zig Real Color pens
Micron Pen
Versafine Onyx Black
Archival Jet Black
Stencil by Shawn Petite
Wooden stamp blocks by Stampabilities and studio G.

No comments:

Post a Comment