Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Mixed Media - Observer

"It is the Quiet Observer who sees the most"

I also like "it is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought stupid, then open it and remove all doubt" but that is neither here nor there

I found this bird in a National Geographic Magazine.
He was not my inspiration. I just felt like painting and trying new products. The project just evolved. I got the crayons on sale at my LSS (Local Scrapbook Store) and saw they could be melted, so I did it.

The background was so bold I needed something as a focal point that was really "eye catching" No doubt this did the trick. I was please with my mixing ability with paints to match his feather so perfectly.



Here is the video:
Mixed Media Observer 1-8-19


Product List:
Ranger honeycomb stencil and crackle paste
Liquitex Matte Medium, Gesso, Glazing Medium, Matte Varnish
Deco Art Acrylics and texture paste
Faber-Castell Art Crayons
Stakich Bees Wax
Handy wacks deli paper
Uniball white gel pen
Sharpen Marker
General Charcoal Pencil and stick
Prismacolor Final Fixative

No comments:

Post a Comment