Thursday, May 1, 2014

May Birthdays

Lots of Birthdays in May. Just in the next few days there are three fantastic women in my life who are celebrating. I had to get cracking.

The sketch of the week at My Favorite Things was the above. I thought I could use my MFT letter dies and use those in the circle spaces. WTF.. We all know what it really means, but lately I have seen it used in difference contexts. "Who totally forgot" for a belated card. " who's turning forty" or "fifty". Those wouldn't work ... But, "Who's Totally Fantastic?" Yeah, baby. Three times!

 

I used DCWV black and gold fleur de lis cardstock as my beginning point and cut the letters three times using my Big Kick vintage. I used my silhouette cameo to sketch the Who's Totally Fantastic? sentiment on Neenah white cardstock then ran it through a second time to cut the scalloped border square around each. Also from the white cardstock I cut six ovals in two sizes, then cut their offsets in the black/gold paper.

I used a hero arts happy birthday stamp from the typewriter set and a YOU stamp I had created on my cameo. I embossed the You in gold and stamped happy birthday with stazon. For the backgrounds and banner I used cardstock from my April Simon Says card kits. It usually takes me a while to get around to using them, I have already received the May kit and haven't done anything with it either.

  • MFT get sketchy
  • Simon says work it Wednesday

 

 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment