Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Picture Perfect

I created my first shaker card today and it was my first attempt at acetate. I watched a couple of videos on techniques, then tried my own.

I downloaded this free camera cut file on my silhouette a while ago and thought it would make an excellent base for my shaker and buttons would be perfect to "shake". I cut 3 levels of camera, one circle of acetate and eight white circles with internal offsets. I glued the circles together to provide the thickness needed for the shaker then placed adhesive strip along the outer edges.

"Picture Perfect" was cut from white cardstock on the cameo along with the heart and star. I used a gel pen to sketch the sentiment and colored in the heart. The button paper from my stash was adhered to the red Bazzill cardstock base.

I am going to submit this for the following challenges:

Challenge 35 Art Impressions "cute as a button"

Challenge 37 Little Tangles "Peek-a-boo" acetate cards

 

 

2 comments:

  1. This is totally fun and it's definitely perfect! Love the use of button for the shaker card component! Thanks so much for joining us at Art Impressions' challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your buttons in the circle, Celise. Great card. Thanks for playing along at Little Tangles Challenge.

    ReplyDelete