Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Water color Day 2

Today we are still working on watercolor backgrounds and I took off with conviction. I upped my watercolor paper and it has made all the difference. I made the background of this card with my crayola water color set. I mixed blues, yellows and green, then dropped in splatters including black. Then I let it dry for a few hours. I used the Stampendous stamp with Versamark and charcoal embossing powder. The sentiment came from the flower shop art impressions try fold set which I surrounded with Impression Obsession flowers in soft granite ink. The watercolor paper was mounted on two blues and bright yellow cardstock before mounting on the Neenah solar white card base.
 

For the masking lesson, I created a mask on contact paper with my cameo of a poppy and attached it to the heavy watercolor paper. I used dark reds and oranges and some yellow to blend the colors. Afterwards I dabbed purple and moved it around by blowing through a straw. After the piece was dry, I removed the mask and hand drew the lines of the poppy with a micron pen. I printed the sentiment with my cameo sketch pen and cut it then mounted onto the creative craft stock and Bazzill base. For accent I used a line of purple washi tape along the edge.

 

 

 

This next project used an embossed background stamp watercolored with blues, pinks and purples. Once dried ai cut shapes with my cameo. The first card uses a Penny Black die cut in black and a hero arts sentiment. I used and oval stencil to embossed with a stylus, then used a gel pen for faux stitching. I used the TH spritzer with distress markers to get the background splatter and embellished with sequins.

Below are the other pieces cut from the same watercolor piece to be used another time.

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Your cards are fantastic!! Love what you've done with your watercoloured backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete