Saturday, May 17, 2014

Watercolors at home

After 9 days of travel it is good to be home. Here again, I am playing catch up with my online card class.

 

I did most of the painting on this card while I was away and finished it up today. It was based upon Day 8's Dawn Waleslagel. I picked up a dogwood stamp at a yard sale, I used a very light distress ink to give the outline then painted it with Koi Watercolors. I used Versamark ink and pink embossing powder with the Hero Arts "friends" stamp. Probably my best work.

 

 

From day 5 I created this city scape of the world using water color pencils. At the beginning of this class I had neither Koi paints or water color pencils. I ordered them from Amazon and they were on my doorstep in less than 24 hours, free shipping! After I created the background with pencil, I went over it again with distress squeezed lemonade. The rays are a studio calico stamp in wild honey which I also used to color the chip board star. The strip at the bottom is washi tape, it fortuitively matched the rays stamp. The sentiment was for the Hero Arts Friends stamp set... Which I also picked up at the yard sale for $3. Never used. Great deal.

 

 

From Tim Holt's video on Day 11, I used one of his stencils and his inks to create the background. The bird is a hero arts stamp I had colored months ago as are both the thank you sentiments which I picked up, yep, at the yard sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment