Monday, October 8, 2018

Gratitude

So incredibly happy to be back to normal. The stress of the last three weeks is over and I am so grateful to be unharmed. I wanted to create a project that showed my relief. I chose a photo of an Iowa Sunset in my sister's back yard that I took 4 years ago in the summer when I visited. The dead tree overlooking the soy and corn fields was truly amazing. Granted, I took some liberties with the fence and birds but the rest is quite accurate.



I really need to learn to bring a lot more light into my projects. Since most of my photos tend to be sunrise or sunsets, it is what it is.

The video shows the process I went through to create this 12x16 canvas.

Mixed Media - Gratitude
Product list: Liquitex Matte medium, gesso, Deco Art acrylics, Uniball gel pen, Micron 02, Archival Ink, zig writer, Dreamweaver embossing paste, Blick Soft Pastels, stencil by Tim Holtz, trees stencil by Shawn Petite

leave me a comment if you stop by so I know you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment