Saturday, October 13, 2018

Boykin Love

It is my friend's birthday this coming week. She is a lover of Boykins. Since I have known her she has had 4 of them. She currently has two, Dixie and Sadie. I searched for a Boykin photo and printed a few on tissue paper because I could not decide which one I wanted to use.

Since the canvas I was using was 5X7 I decided to wrap the paper around the edges, which I rarely do. I also used a cut up spatula to apply the matte medium. That did not work well for me. I think I will pick up a silicone brush.

The Boykin I chose the first time was too dark. The one I chose second got muddied when I applied the medium so the face was lost. I was ready to give up, because it was not working at all. One more try with the last photo and I swore not to touch it. But instead just worked around the outsides.

Finally it was done. She REALLY loved the painting. Tears and all. Wow. I never expected that. Art is such a personal thing, I never know if someone is going to like something I create just because I do.



Here is the Video: Mixed Media Boykin Love


Product list: Liquitex Matte medium, gesso, Deco Art acrylics, Uniball gel pen, Micron 02, Archival Ink, zig writer, Heavy Acrylic, General Charcoal, stencils by Shawn Petite

No comments:

Post a Comment