Thursday, August 16, 2018

Paper Napkin Christmas Cards

Recently at one of my Art Journal/Mixed Media club meetings we used colorful paper napkins on our art. This inspired me to try the technique using holiday prints on Christmas Cards. I started my Christmas cards really early this year. I have already made 45 cards on my way to 65. Now that is a head start!

The process for making these cards is pretty simple.

I cut my card stock to a standard A2 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 then covered it with glue stick. The paper napkin needs to be separated down to a single layer. All napkins have at least one extra layer, while others have two. Lay the paper on the back side of the napkins and burnish it in.

You can stop there if you want or you can add a layer of shimmer with some clear pigment ink and embossing powder. I remembered I had bought an Archival Opalite ink pad years ago and had put away in a drawer. It is a reflective interference ink, coincidently, I just purchased an entire line of the interference acrylics because I love their reactive properties.



For some added texture I ran the card through my cuttlebug in an embossing folder too. So many options.

You can watch the video on YouTube here: Paper Napkin Christmas Cards


and listen to a little Christmas music too.
Product List:
Opalite Pigment Ink by Tsukineko
Judikins Clear embossing powder
Cricut Cuttlebug die cutter and embossing folders
Nicole Heat Tool

No comments:

Post a Comment