Wednesday, July 23, 2014

You are the World

I love Sunday sketch. This week on the studio calico blog I saw this

And thought this

 

 

Something about the circles reminded me of the earth's orbit around the sun. When I took a water color class earlier this year I remembered an instructor showed us how to create this cool galaxy background. So I painted the colors and blacks with my Koi paint set, absorbed the colors with salt then splattered it white acrylic paint.

While the background dried I used distress inks to color the corners of a piece of white card stock for the earth and sun. I used my Matha Stewart circle cutter to create the two templates then fussy cut them from the card stock. I created the sentiment on my silhouette cameo and adhered it to the earth.

 

I drew a circular orbit for the moon and affixed a gold sequin, added some Studio Calico stars, a black strip along the bottom and adhered the watercolor to an A2 black card stock base to create a top folding card.

I think it looks way cool.

Thanks for stopping by.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment