Saturday, February 22, 2014

Work first, play later

I promised myself before I got out of bed this morning that I could not come into my workshop until the house was clean. I put in a few of hours of tough labor and even blew off exercise because I figured I got enough of a workout scrubbing all the floors. Done. Play time.
I made this card a couple of days ago. I downloaded my freebie of the week from Silhouette last Tuesday and had done some fun things with the feather die. Since I always like to use the negative space as well I stenciled the feathers with distress inks. That was how it started, then I applied clear embossing powder and heat set it. I colored and cut the hummingbird which lead me to the Simon Says card kit floral stamps. I love the stamps that have separated the outline and inside so you can get the contrast. Love these colors! The next day I used my big kick to cut Happy Birthday right out of the flowers, raised it with multiple cuts of the same die in white card stock. Glued them all together and replaced the flower parts. If you look closely you can see how the message stands out. Labor of love.
Ok, so I was watching the Simon blog hop and saw the new line of products included a balloon die and everyone was using it. I can make it with my new toy, so I did. I followed K. Werner's idea to use distress inks to paint on watercolor paper. How cool. Little Sarah's first birthday is coming up so I also cut 1st out with my cameo, glued 4 together so they would pop out, then used one of the sizzix embossing folders to make the curly background. Since there was painted paper left over, I cut some hearts in various colors and glued them on, tied a bow with the silver yarn and mounted the whole thing to Bazzill "candy necklace" colored card base.
More play time ahead. What shall I do next? Hmmmmmm.
No Andy, it is not walk time yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment