Saturday, February 15, 2014

Discoveries!

It has been a while since I posted to my blog. I am really loving my valentines gift, a silhouette cameo. I have been doing all kinds of testing and trials to see what I can do with it. I have only scratched the surface; there is so much more to discover.

My daughter said she needed a wedding card for an upcoming event, so I used the free silhouette Tuesday download to make this Mr & Mrs die. I cut six of them out of white card stock and glued them together. Then used silver embossing powder with Versamark and a heat gun. I took a studio calico sentiment and masked out the PEACE line, then made a bow out of black cardstock. I mounted each on a piece of white card stock I ran through the big kick with a sizzix embossing folder, backed with decorative black and white paper, another layer of black all on a white base.

I had no baby cards in my stash, but I did have a big baby dear stamp. I searched the internet for a baby carriage and imported to the silhouette and cut it in pink. So intricate! But I couldn't stop with a pink card, I needed a blue one too. I used the negative space from the die and created the blue card. Two for one.

 

I used a tim holtz stencil to make this background in oranges and yellows. It made me think of a garden, so I stamped flowers, butterfly and dragonfly. The thank you is a die created from the silhouette cameo. Again, I cut 6 and glued them together, then mounted on the honeycomb. I used some wink of Stella to give it some shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment