Monday, February 17, 2014

Collateral Damage

 

I so enjoy getting two for one, collateral damage, so to speak. When I read the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge was a cameo appearance I was excited that I could use my silhouette to cut black paper, outline only. With my own anniversary coming up, I decided on the perfect card, You and Me (below).

The bonus card, on the left, I created using the negative space of the die. I tried several inks and water color pens to get good coverage, but finally it was satisfactory (but not perfect). Even though I had distressed the cardstock, it was missing a vintage element so I layered a hero arts manuscript background stamp in desert sand across the front, added a black ribbon with red brads and mounted to a vintage rose pattern paper. A necklace of red gems provided just enough embellishment to make it interesting.

 

For this card I used a hero arts cling stamp with Versamark ink and clear powder as the background, a fiskars all year cheer Me & You stamp and I needed an appropriate sentiment on the bottom. I used an impression obsession stamp that said "wishing you many lovely tomorrows" and masked out the YOU and replaced with US. Then I put heavy glossy accents on a small pink heart and placed it between the couple. So romantic, aahhhhhh.

 

1 comment:

  1. First of all, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!
    Thank you for submitting your lovely cards to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. I'm so happy that you let us be a part of your celebration. You did a wonderful job with your cards. They're so romantic! Thanks again! ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete