I have been working on these cards for the last few days. I started by stamping the background on white cardstock in various color inks. Then I used Versamark ink and heat embossed it to get a resist before applying distress ink. The technique is fun to do. Once I had a number of images I needed to figure out how to use them.
This was the first, I took the dark grey and die cut scalloped hearts then aligned the Moroccan color image behind it so the words would appear to float on top. I stamped a dog and colored him in greys outlined in black, added a black hello die cut and embellished with buttons and hearts. A few words were highlighted in the same ink color.
Second I used the grey die cut hearts aligned on the heat embossed broken china blue. I cut this piece down and into 12 squares and mounted the squares on black cardstock with pop up glue dots. I affixed the bird and feather die cuts and used a silver sentiment mounted on the same black cardstock.
I took the pale tomato background and cut it at an angle then adhered it with glue to two others in grey tones. I cut the sentiments on the cameo and used black marker for color. The small butterfly and bouquet are rub-ons, the large butterfly is a die cut and cake was stamped on velum and glued to card.
For the card bases I used white cardstock and colored the edges with the same pale tomato ink.
On this last card I used my corner chomper to round the corners.