Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Mini Album

This week I started working on a mini album for an online scrapping class. Several months ago I printed the photographer's photos from the wedding in July, but I had yet to do anything with them. Let's face it, I was tied up with the cross country mega album for 3 months after we returned from our trip. During that time I also put together a wedding album for the bride, a mini album of a 45th wedding anniversary party; Made a dozen Halloween and Thanksgiving cards and 60 Christmas cards. I am not complaining, I am retired and for me this is heaven.

The hardest thing about a mini album is getting started. I did not know whether I would make the album out of chipboard or use a ring binder I already had. I knew it had to be large enough to fit the 4x5.5 photos and most of those photos were landscaped. Once I had my binder in mind I was good to go.

Earlier this year Big Picture Classes which is a subsidiary of Studio Calico (SC) had a nap time sale. 20% off everything and I found these gorgeous Heidi Swapp planners that were already marked down. I picked up two of them. Not to use as planners, but to use as scrapping handbooks. As it turned out, I was so impressed by the contents I started using the Hello binder in August as a planner!

 

For the striped handbook I removed all the calendaring contents.. They will fit perfectly into the other "planner" and give me a full two years of "to do" lists. This was to be my mini album. I had some small page protectors from SC and a perfectly matched Heidi Swapp paper pad all the correct size for this handbook. One small problem: the holes did not align on the page protectors. Easy fix: make a ring guide and cut new holes.

And now I can begin. I spread out all the liner papers and matched them to photos, then piled everything according to how it will best tell the story of the wedding.

After one has been buying scrap booking and card making supplies for several months, or years, the stash starts building up and overflowing. These mini books are a great way to deplete supplies. Each little page tells a story and the opportunity to embellish is endless. But like any work of art it takes patience and perseverance.

I don't expect to finish this in one sitting, in fact it is best to break away now and again and work on something else. So far I am happy with the results. My workshop mess, now that is another story. For another day.

Thanks for stopping by.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment