Saturday, January 3, 2015

Scrapping history

I joined an online group on the Internet a few months back when I started subscribing to a monthly card kit from Studio Calico. The majority of the members of this community were scrap book enthusiasts, most subscribed to the monthly Scrapbooking Kit and/or the Project Life Monthly kit. The gallery which houses all the projects created by the very talented subscribers are mostly the scrapper variety and periodically us card makers pop up too.

Studio Calico got its start in Scrapbooking, the monthly card kit came much later this the reason we exist in the minority. Having never been a scrapper I continued with card making for several months, I also became interested in mini book making but books are not for cards, they are for scrapping. so I tried my hand at scrapping.

it is difficult to scrap without photos and I am not a photographer, I never remember to take my camera out and I would even less often print a photo. In this media, it is pretty much a requirement.. so I in order to pursue scrapping I had to start thinking photography too. is this too much to take on?

In a moment of weekness during the 10 days of Christmas sale I subscribed (risk free, noshipping) to the scrapbooking kit in addition to my card kit. I wanted it mostly for the 12x12 papers that came with it. My first kit arrived last week, it is still in its box and I am sure the January kit will show up on my doorstep in a few days. how to begin?

CHALLENGES! That is the best place to start. Last week one of the subscribers placed a challenge on us to create a layout about an object. I have very few people photos anyway so an object is doable.

I chose to create a layout about my new prescription eye glasses, I took a few photos of the bazillion glasses laying around the house and a couple of the new ones. I printed the photos on my new air printer..wow, excellent quality! I "journaled" the little write up, printed some corresponding paper and an eye test and threw a little ephemera here and there.

I titled my first challenge of the new year "OIC" - a play on words (oh I See) arh arh and called it Optical Impairment Correction. The journaling told a story about why.

 

2015 will bring lots more projects and challenges. I will be back in a few days to share some others.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment