Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Seasoning stamps

I find the best way to season a new stamp set is to use it. Since you rarely can use an entire stamp set on one page or card the next best thing is your art journal. After all it really has no purpose other than to allow artistic freedom.

Here is today's art journal spread.

This is the stamp set I have had for a while and have not used. It is not top grade, so it takes some "seasoning" before the stamps will make good impressions. When stamping in my art journal I like to use ranger archival ink, it is a dye that does not blend with Watercolors. So your images will stay put and not bleed.

So I stamped both pages of my art journal with all the stamps from this set as well as a larger floral stamp I had not yet broken out of its pack. I loved the little star that came with this kit, can you tell?

At the same time I stamp on my journal I "stamp off" on a piece of white cardstock. These jumbled black images work great as backgrounds on future projects.

Next step is apply distress ink in rainbow colors, I saw it listed today as ROYGBIV - Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Indigo Violet.

 

And the same on the cardstock

After stamping and coloring it is time to embellish. I cut up a card face I planned not to use as a card, and some other word patterned cardstock, and pulled a few large die cuts from my stash. I adhered these onto the journal pages with mat medium and I was done.

Thanks for stopping by.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment