Friday, February 22, 2019

Mixed Media - I Survived

I could say I survived the winter, but it was not a particularly tough winter to survive and truthfully, I am not ready to say goodbye to the cooler temps. I have seen evidence of spring everywhere. A daffodil in the backyard, the Bradford pear trees starting to show white, the azaleas are budding too.

I have had success with the De-collage technique, it gives great texture to the background and does not really matter what you use. My friend gave me a stack of National Geographic magazines, It is doubtful I will ever get through them so ripping pages seemed like a good idea. The first pass, I mistakenly laid them right side up, so rather than get color, I got print. Oh well. The second layer was more successful. As I colored the entire background in blue, I had zero idea what would happen, but it had to be landscape and so it became one. This was not a representation of anything I know or have seen, just my mind's eye what a spring landscape would resemble.



Of Course there is a video to go with it. I had considered my first "talkie" I bought a new microphone, but I need more practice before I go live.

Mixed Media - I Survived
Product List:
Liquitex Matte Medium, Gesso, matte gel, Gloss Varnish
Shawn Petite Stencils
Ranger Stencils
Deco Art Acrylics
Ranger Archival Inks
Fine Liner
Blick soft Pastels
Fixador Final Fixative

No comments:

Post a Comment